You donb t usually think about a heating system earning you money, but sometimes it can. When it comes to heating, Asheville NC is less vulnerable than areas further north are. Even so, a reliable heating unit is an essential thing to have in the cold days of January or February, and thanks to the Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit, it could actually put money back in your pocket. Hereb s the skinny on tax credits for heating in Asheville, NC.
The tax credit is intended as an incentive to replace an old inefficient heater with a more modern unit. Heaters measure their efficiency with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating, measured in a percentage. The higher the percentage, the more of the heaterb s energy actually generates heat to warm your home. So furnaces with an AFUE of 80% means that 80% of its energy is used to heat your home, and the other 20% is lost to waste. Obviously you want a high rating, if only because it means your heater doesnb t waste much energy and saves you money on your monthly bills.
Thatb s where the Energy Efficiency Tax Credit comes in. If you purchase a new furnace, boiler or air-source heat pump with a high enough efficiency rating in 2013, youb ll receive a tax credit of up to $500 from the federal government. That can help offset the cost of installment, as well as giving you a more efficient heater that will keep the cost of warming your home down for some time to come. There is also a credit for up to 30 percent off the cost of installing a geothermal system.
- Efficiency levels needed for heat pumps:B 15 SEER/12.5 EER/8.5 HSPF
- Efficiency levels needed for gas furnaces and boilers:B 95% AFUE
The tax credits are only good until December 31, 2013 though, and if you want to get your heater installed before the heating season begins in earnest, you should move now. The experts at Comfort Central are on-hand to explain the tax credits for heating, as well as helping you install a new unit. When it comes to heating, Asheville NC has the professionals ready to go. Give us a call today!Asheville Heating Options » « When to Schedule Your Heating Installation in Brevard, NC