Skip navigation

Serving Western North Carolina's Heating,
Cooling and Indoor Environmental Needs

828-483-4040

Asheville, NC Carbon Monoxide Detectors by Comfort Central

A lot of focus is given to keeping our homes comfortable throughout the different seasons. At Comfort Central, though, we know that the most important thing to any homeowner is keeping everyone within that home safe. That is why a high–quality carbon monoxide (CO) monitor is so important. Every home must have a carbon monoxide detector installed by a qualified professional if it is to be a safe place to live. Any home or attached garage that depends on a heating system, or any other combustion appliances is at risk for carbon monoxide. Let Comfort Central help you minimize the risk of CO exposure as much as possible.

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide is a gas that can cause serious health problems or, if the exposure rate is high enough, death. Carbon monoxide is a particularly dangerous gas because it is odorless, colorless and tasteless, meaning that it is impossible to detect with the proper equipment. The fact is that many homeowners and their families are exposed to carbon monoxide every day without even knowing it. While these low levels of carbon monoxide may have little or no effect on many residents, CO can present danger to children and the elderly even in very low doses.

Signs of Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Asheville, NC

It is important that your home heating system is professionally installed and that you schedule routine maintenance to ensure its safe operation. A reliable, professionally installed and regularly tested CO detector is also necessary to keep your home safe from the perils of carbon monoxide. Even with these precautions, though, it is good to familiarize yourself with some common symptoms of exposure to carbon monoxide in Asheville, NC.

Lower levels of exposure may cause residents to exhibit symptoms similar to the flu. These include headaches, dizziness, weakness and nausea. As the symptoms get more severe they can include vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Eventually, exposure to carbon monoxide can lead to unconsciousness and death. Protect your loved ones from exposure to even low levels of carbon monoxide. Schedule a carbon monoxide detector installation in Asheville, NC with Comfort Central.

Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation in Asheville, NC by Comfort Central

Ideally, no one in your home will be exposed to even a minuscule amount of carbon monoxide. Not all carbon monoxide detectors are created equally though. Not all of them can protect your family to the fullest extent. Many store bought carbon monoxide detectors will only alert you to the presence of CO levels that are already dangerously high, if not deadly. The World Health Organization declares 15–20 parts per million (ppm) to be the first level of carbon monoxide to affect us, and levels as low as 30ppm have been documented as causing heart problems. A CO detector you may buy in a store will not alert you to the presence of the gas until it has detected a level of 70ppm for 3.5 hours.

Comfort Central is proud to offer professional installation of low level CO monitors, such as the NSI 3000 Monitor. Protect everyone in your home with a monitor that will detect the presence of carbon monoxide in your home long before other detectors. Contact Comfort Central to learn more.

Schedule Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation in Asheville, NC with Comfort Central

Your home should be a comfortable, safe place to live. The heating and air conditioning professionals on our team can help you achieve that goal. Contact Comfort Central today for more information about carbon monoxide detection in your Asheville, NC home.