Boilers are one of the oldest ways to heat homes, and they are still popular to this day. Furnaces are more common, but boilers offer a number of special advantages that make them competitive. Below, web ve listed some of the reasons that new homeowners might want to select a boiler system for their comfort. This can help you with your decision-making process if youb re in the situation of looking for a new heating installation. However, always call on professionals to help with the final choiceb youb ll need them to handle the eventual installation, after all.
- Energy savings: Boilers are more energy efficient than forced-air systems (i.e. furnaces and heat pumps). This is because water is a better heat transference medium than air.
- Even heat distribution: The heat that comes off of radiators, baseboard heaters, and in-floor heating elements attached to a boiler spreads evenly through rooms. No more cold spots or long waits for the heat gathered at the ceiling to seep down to where people are.
- Quiet operation: There are few heating systems that run as quietly as a boiler.
- Better air quality: Forced-air systems blow around dust, dirt, dander, and other irritants that can negatively affect allergy sufferers and people with asthma. The heat that comes from a boiler, on the other hand, is clean.
- Long system life: Boilers have few moving parts in them, which reduces the amount of mechanical strain they suffer as they work. You can expect to get 5 to 10 years more life from a boiler compared to other types of heaters.
- Fewer repairs: The low amount of mechanical stress also means that a boiler will run into a small number of repair needs during its lifetime. (It still must have annual maintenance.)
Boilers arenb t the ideal choice for all homes, but theyb re definitely worth considering when you factor in all the possible advantages. Contact us today to find out more about how a boiler might work for you.