When winters get cold in towns like Hendersonville, heating repair becomes a necessity, not a luxury. When the heater runs into problems, itb s always preferable to call in an expert sooner rather than later. But how can you tell when you heating system is in trouble? Knowing that is the key to knowing when heating repair should take place.
For layman, there are five basic signs to let you know that thereb s a problem. Each one has a number of possible causes, but most can be fixed by the attentions of a trained service technician. They roughly break down as follows:
- Low air flow. Low air flow can be caused by fan problems, blockage in the ducts or a similar obstruction in the heater itself.
- Failure to turn on. A failure to turn on completely usually suggests a problem with the electrical system, possibly stemming from a faulty component such as the pilot light or thermocouple. The thermostat may also have problems: failing to detect the proper temperature and thus keeping the system from turning on.
- Lack of hot air. If the air is blowing, but it remains lukewarm or cool, thereb s likely a problem with the burner or electric coils.
- Strange noises. Strange noises could indicate a simple b stretchingb or b groaningb resulting from a change in temperature as the hot air floods the system. But if the noise continues or sounds like metal grinding on metal appear, thereb s a big problem and you need to turn the heater off until it can be fixed.
- Higher energy bills. Wear and tear can reduce the efficiency of individual components, forcing them to work harder. If youb re paying higher bills even though youb re not using the heater any more often than normal, itb s time to call in a repair service.
If the answer to b when is it time for heating repair in Hendersonville?b is b right now,b then call upon the experts at Comfort Central for help.B