Leaky and faulty ductwork can account for air losses of up to 30% of the air moving through the system – a big loss of cool air for which your air conditioner works hard to compensate. One way to help decrease air loss through your ductwork is to schedule professional duct sealing service.
Ducts develop cracks and disconnections via regular wear-and-tear; by sealing ducts and joints, you can not only decrease the incidence of these issues, you can help your system operate more efficiently. But your duct sealing in Brevard shouldnb t be done by just anyone b itb s important to use trusted professionals like Comfort Central, Inc.
An Overview of a Duct Sealing Appointment
Your duct sealing appointment will cover a lot of ground:
- Thorough inspection of the ductwork for all leaks, cracks and disconnections
- Inspection and evaluation of the supply and return air balance
- Reconnection of disconnected sections and tightening of sections that are loose
- Checking of connections at registers, vents and to the air conditioning system
- Professional sealing of all connections with sealant; mechanical sealing (where needed) with sheet-metal grade screws and/or fasteners
- Testing of system to ensure all leaks have been repaired and no carbon monoxide is entering the system
What Are the Benefits of Duct Sealing?
As we mentioned above, duct sealing can help prevent serious air loss in your air conditioning system. But it can also do a number of other positive things for you and your property:
- Improved comfort b faulty ductwork can create hot and cold spots that decrease indoor comfort levels in addition to lessening air flow. With sealed ductwork, you will experience improved air delivery that helps to eliminate the hot and cold spots, as well as bring more conditioned air into your home.
- Better energy efficiency b reducing the air loss in your system means your AC can use less energy to achieve the set temperature in your home, making it more efficient.
- Decrease in energy costs b as above, by reducing the amount of energy used, youb ll spend less money on monthly utility bills.
- Safer air b leaky ductwork can develop a problem known as b backdraftingb in which the exhaust fumes from other large household appliances like your furnace, dryer or water heater are pulled into the ductwork through the leaks; sealing your ductwork helps prevent this.
- Better indoor air quality b sealing the ducts helps your indoor air quality by preventing additional pollutants from getting into your ductwork, such as extra dust and dirt, and other irritating particles.
Hire a Professional for Your Duct Sealing
Duct sealing is not a DIY kind of job. Duct leaks can be difficult to find; in addition, a trained technician will have the tools and ability to run tests on your duct system that you most likely wonb t have.
Duct sealing in Brevard can make a big difference in your home and your utility bills. Call Comfort Central, Inc., today and schedule an appointment for your professional duct sealing.