Our summer days have ended and while we still have relatively warm days, the mornings and nights are getting quite cool. If you know itb s time to replace your homeb s heating system, there is no better time than now to get the installation process started. One of the great benefits of heating replacement is that it affords you the opportunity to review other types of heating systems that may fit your home and needs better than previous ones. Here are the types of heating systems we carry at Comfort Central, Inc.:
- Boilers b boilers are one of the most traditional and oldest type of heating systems around, but that doesnb t mean they are outdated. Todayb s boiler systems are very energy efficient, can be powered by natural gas, propane or oil, and are often used in radiant heating systems.
- Furnaces b over half of all homes in the US use a furnace for heating. Furnaces heat your home quickly and are very energy efficient. They do need ductwork to deliver the warm air.
- Heat Pumps b heat pumps offer your home both heating and cooling, so if you are looking for a single device to provide your year-round comfort, you may want to consider this type of system. Heat pumps are highly energy efficient as they donb t use any fossil fuels to operate and they consume B< to B= less the amount of electricity of a traditional AC system.
- Radiant Heating b there are a few types of radiant heating, including floor radiant heating, baseboard and radiator heating. You can also use hot water or steam, or electric cables. Our specialists can help you decide which type is best for you and install and service it correctly.
- Dual-Fuel Hybrid Systems b if you have concerns that your heat pump may not provide all the heat you need when the weather turns extremely cold, youb ll want to consider a dual-fuel hybrid heating system. This type of system uses a heat pump as the primary source of heat and a back-up gas furnace that will take over should it become very cold.
- Geothermal – a geothermal system takes the latent heat energy in the ground, concentrates it in the ground-source heat pump of the system and disperses it into your home. Geothermal systems are the most energy efficient available, providing 3-4 units of energy for each unit they expend. These systems can be ducted or ductless.
- Ductless Heating b ductless heating requires a heat pump, so this type of system can also offer cooling. The air is delivered via indoor blowers that are mounted inside your home.
- High Velocity Heating b high velocity heating also utilizes heat pump technology, so it, too, will cool your home. However, the air is delivered via small, round outlets that are 2b in diameter. The outlets are connected to flexible duct tubes that have been snaked through your homeb s walls.
As you can see, you have a lot of options when you come to Comfort Central, Inc., for heating replacement in Asheville, NC b call us today!