Energy efficiency is always a priority, especially when it comes to heating. As we head into the heating season, there are a few things that can be done that can help you be more energy efficient this winter. Helping your furnace in Brevard is good for your heating system and your wallet, and most of our suggestions donb t take too much time to implement. Have questions about improving energy efficiency this winter? Call Comfort Central, Inc., and speak to one of our trained experts about the benefits of installing a new furnace for your home in Brevard.
Here are a few tips that can help you save energy this winter:
- Conduct an energy audit b energy audits pinpoint exactly where you are losing energy. There are several tests that can be conducted, and youb ll be given a full report of the findings and recommended solutions for any problems that are found.
- Increase insulation b if your insulation isnb t adequate, consider having more installed. There are several kinds of insulation available, and some are very good for retro-fitting.
- Install ceiling fans b ceiling fans help circulate the air and can keep heat from rising too high in a room b just make sure the fan is rotating in a clockwise direction.
- Use a humidifier b humidity holds heat, so adding some extra moisture to the air can help it feel warmer; itb s also good for your skin and health.
- Use a programmable thermostat b a programmable thermostat allows you to control the amount of heating you use, which can go a long way toward saving energy. With a programmable thermostat, you can turn down heating during the day and have it cycle back up in the evenings for comfort.
- Let the sun in b daytime heat gain can account for up to 10 more degrees of heat, so if you have shades or drapes, open them during the daytime to allow the sunb s natural heat inside.
- Follow recommended thermostat settings b Energy.gov recommends that you set your thermostat no higher than 68 degrees when you are at home, and 10-15 lower when your home is unoccupied and at night.
Increasing your energy efficiency can help take some operating stress off of your furnace in Brevard, as well as your wallet. If you have questions about any of the above suggestions, call Comfort Central, Inc., and make an appointment with one of our specialists.3 Reasons to Consider Radiant Floor Heating Installation » « What Is the Exhaust Flue in a Furnace For?