Menu

Concerned about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning? Give Us a Call!

Three of our Comfort Central, Inc., technicians recently completed certification and training at the National Comfort Institute. The 3-day program focused on carbon monoxide, its effects, the warning signs to look for and solutions to reduce CO in homes while also improving energy efficiency. As purveyors of carbon monoxide detectors, we feel it is very important that our technicians have in-depth knowledge of how CO works, what the telltale signs of poor ventilation are, and the best solutions to truly remedy the problem, rather than simply easing symptoms. Our new certification allows us to do this because during the 3-day training we were able to focus on the following things:

The main way CO gas leaks into your home is via poor venting. Poor venting is often the result of poor initial installation, but it can also happen because snow is blocking outside vents, animal or birdsb nests are blocking chimneys, or your venting equipment has been damaged in some way but your system is still operating. These issues need to be fully remedied in order for your combustion systems to work safely, property and efficiently, and stop CO gas from leaking into your home.

Signs We Look For

There are a number of things we look for when we analyze and inspect your home for any carbon monoxide leakage, but some telltale signs of venting issues are rust on the burners, heat exchangers, drafthoods and/or flues in your home, as well as a powdery, white substance on these same components. We also test your home, heating system and appliances with a carbon monoxide analyzer and give you those results in a report.
If you have concerns about carbon monoxide in your home in Asheville, NC, or you want to install a whole home CO detector, call our certified and trained professionals today!B

» «