When you are in the market for a new air conditioner, what are you looking for? If your answer is “the cheapest system I can find,” then you’re setting yourself up for failure. If your answer is “the biggest, most powerful system I can find,” then you’reB still setting yourself up for failure.
If you are serious about getting the very best performance possible from your air conditioning system, then the only right answer is “the system that fits my home properly.” Whether it is way too small to do the job or it is overpowered, an improperly sized AC will give you trouble.
So if you’re ready for a new AC installation in Asheville, NC, you’re going to want to work with a member of our team. Our technicians will make sure that your new equipment fits your home properly. That way, you’ll get the cooling experience that you need, with none of the hassles that you don’t!
An Undersized System Won’t Cut It!
This isn’t the type of news that is really going to surprise anyone,B butb if your air conditioner is too small, you’re in for a bad time. An air conditioner needs to be sized to your home to ensure it is able to effectively cool the home. If your AC is not powerful enough to do so, you’ll run into many problems:
- Cooling costs are going to rise, as your system burns through excessive energy trying to cool your house.
- Comfort levels are going to go down, as your system fails to meet your cooling demand.
- Risks of damage are going to rise, as unnecessary wear and tear takes its toll.
- Your system’s lifespan will go down, as that toll cuts away at its longevity.
So what’s the solution to this? An appropriately sized air conditioner. Please note that this doesB not mean the biggest. The largest air conditioner on the market is no better in the wrong situation. Because believe it or notb
An Oversized System Won’t, Either!
While an oversized systemB willB be able to handle the cooling load of your home, very similar problems are still going to develop. You will encounter:
- Increased cooling costs, because the system will short cycle as it cools the house too quickly.
- Increased operational problems, as short cycling leads to excessive wear and tear.
- Reduced lifespan, as that wear and tear catches up to the system.
- Compromised dehumidification, as the system runs in short bursts.
- Wasted investment, as you’ve purchased cooling power that you don’t need!
Okayb So What Size System Do I Need?
That’s a question that requires a bit of work to answer. In order to figure out just what size your AC needs to be, you need a cooling load calculation. You need to work with professionals that will do the work to determine the ideal amount of power for your residence.B Youb well you just need to work with us! Guess that wasn’t so hard after all.Don't Miss Out on These Ductless AC Benefits » « 3 Reasons Why You Need a Heat Pump